The Rapid Response Team in Action
Rapid Response Team
The Rapid Response Team is a group of specially trained healthcare providers who bring critical care expertise to the patient. The purpose of the team is to quickly check the condition of the patient and provide help before there is a life threatening emergency.
When to Call the Rapid Response Team
You can call the Rapid Response team:
- If there is a noticeable change in the patient’s condition that needs immediate attention.
- If after speaking with a member of the healthcare team (i.e. nurses, physicians), you continue to have serious concerns about the patient’s current condition.
Where to Call
- Call 4911 from the patient’s bedside phone. This is a special line just for the Rapid Response Team.
- The hospital operator will ask for the name of the caller and the room number.
- The Rapid Response Team will be activated.