Visitor Policies and Hours
We ask that visitors follow our policies:
- Visitors must stop at the Information/Receptionist Desk in the main lobby to obtain a visitor pass.
- Patients who would like to have someone visit them outside of regular visiting hours, including overnight must obtain permission from a nursing manager or supervisor.
- Fathers of babies and significant others of patients admitted to the Obstetrics Unit will receive a special ID wristband at the delivery, which provides unlimited visitation privileges. Siblings of a newborn child who are under 12 years of age are permitted to visit if they are escorted by an adult. No other under-age children are permitted to visit. A photo ID is required of all adult visitors prior to receiving a pass to visit on the Obstetrics Unit.
- No more than 2 people may visit a patient in a semi-private room, and no more than 4 people may visit a patient in a private room at the same time unless special permission has been given by the nurse or doctor caring for you.
- With the exception of siblings of newborns, children under the age of 12 may not visit with you in the hospital unless special permission is obtained from the nurse manager or supervisor.
- Under-age children may not be left unattended in the main lobby or other areas of the Hospital.
- People who have colds, flu-like or infectious symptoms, rashes, fever, etc., should not visit with patients and may be denied visitation by the hospital.
- Visitors should wash their hands before and after visiting a patient.
- Visitors may not wander throughout other patient care or business areas of the hospital, but they are permitted to access public areas of the hospital such as visitor lounges, cafeteria and gift shop.
- The hospital may limit or restrict visitation if it is found to be in the best interest of patient care. Visitors may be asked to temporarily leave a patient’s room or unit if it is found necessary to provide proper care and treatment to patients or provide for the patient’s safety, privacy, and comfort.
- Illegal weapons and substances are strictly prohibited on hospital premises.
- Flowers are allowed on all units except the intensive care unit (ICU).