When you arrive at Maryland General, come to the Information Desk in the main lobby. We will give you directions to the department you are looking for and answer your questions.
Patients who are in labor should go directly to the Obstetrical Center on the 2nd floor. The OB staff from Labor and Delivery will contact the Admitting Department with the appropriate information.
You will be asked by one of our registrars to provide the following information:
- A copy of your physician’s orders
- A valid driver's license or other government-issued picture ID
- Your insurance card or your current MGH Charity ID card
- Referral forms from your physician (if required by your insurance carrier)
- Any forms required by your insurance carrier
- Any payment due at the time of service, including co-pays deductibles and coinsurance.
When the services you are going to receive at Maryland General Hospital are scheduled by telephone, we may give you information about where to come when you arrive at the hospital. Please follow those instructions.