Outpatient Adult Rehabilitation
The Rehabilitation Center at Maryland General Hospital is a regional leader in comprehensive outpatient therapy services. Our caring, expert team provides personalized attention to help you regain your independence and get back to your normal daily routine.
We offer the full range of outpatient rehabilitation services.
- Manual therapy: Hands-on treatment of the musculoskeletal system for pain and movement problems in the joints and soft tissue
- Spine rehabilitation: A comprehensive range of therapy to strengthen core muscles and improve flexibility of the spine after injury or surgery
- Orthopaedics: Pre- joint replacement therapy and post-operative therapy for fractures, joint replacements, sports/recreational injuries, and other joint and musculoskeletal conditions
- Pain management: Physical treatments and exercise therapy to help manage acute and chronic pain and improve mobility
- Treatment for vestibular dysfunction: Evaluation and treatment for balance problems and dizziness
- Therapy for Joint Replacements: Treatment to improve mobility and strength for people who have had hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder, hip, knee and ankle replacements
- Women's Health therapy: Treatments to strengthen core muscles and minimize discomfort before and after giving birth, minimize swelling in arms and legs for breast cancer survivors, and exercises for the treatment of incontinence.
- Therapy for neurologic conditions to maximize movement and function following stroke, multiple sclerosis and other conditions.
- Hand and Upper Extremity therapy: Evaluation and treatment for common hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder injuries and conditions
- Splint fabrication: Splints to protect and correct hand, elbow, and shoulder problems and disabilities
- Workplace ergonomic consultations: Evaluation of workplaces and job tasks to minimize repetitive stress injuries
- Cognitive treatment to improve activities of daily living skills with the use of strategies and introduction to adoptive equipment
- Evaluation and training in the use of adaptive equipment to improve performance and promote independence.
Speech and Language Therapy
- Modified barium swallow: Test to evaluate swallowing problems in consultation with radiologists
- Fibroscopic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing (FEES): Test to evaluate swallowing issues and evaluate the risk of aspiration
- Speech and Language treatment to improve speech, thinking and language skills.